Chief Commercial Officer
Place of work
San Diego, Los Angeles or San Francisco
Line Management Responsibilities
Business Development / Account Management
Main Purpose of Role
To be responsible for managing, implementing and driving the company’s North America sales strategy both commercially and operationally, creating robust, positive relationships and generating new business.
About the Role…
We are building a team made up of extraordinary, passionate and talented team members who are above average on skills, competencies and dedication, and who will take responsibility in shaping the company. We raise the bar with every hire and promotion – are you next?
To be successful in this role, you will be a globally oriented sales ace with a partner centric mind-set. You will become part of a hard-working, high performing, young and dynamic team. We set the bar high and so do you.
Sales & Activity:
- To carry out and lead the business development of all west coast based accounts and prospects
- To be responsible for the management, development and selling to all appropriate sectors in accordance with Wexer sales strategies.
- To work collaboratively with existing and prospective partners within various verticals to continue to grow and develop new business opportunities.
- To achieve KPI targets in relation to generalized sales activity – number of sales made; reporting this performance formally and informally on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To develop, improve and maintain a database of prospects and an effective tracking system in order to effectively record activity with leads, prospects and existing customers.
- To produce regular competitor analysis with a view to strategically increasing Wexer’s national market share.
- To build relationships with organisations by generating leads, making contacts with a view to booking appointments. Maintaining communication links with all current partners, fitness organizations, hospitality companies and corporations.
- To present Wexer solutions to prospective sites with the aim of securing a minimum level of purchase of a range of core services in line with required profit margins.
- To work effectively with the Wexer Marketing Manager to ensure that all communications/promotional events are relevant consistent and effective in promoting Wexer Virtual to client and prospect base.
- To undertake sales / business presentations as required, achieving targeted growth in all business lines.
- To work closely with the Marketing Department to ensure that appropriate mechanisms are in place to assist with the generation of new business; this will include clear marketing plans and service delivery plans at the branch or business unit levels.
- Share best practices with the team and promote up-selling techniques for all services and/or products offered by Wexer.
Operational & Financial Control
- Review new business revenue line financial targets on a monthly basis to ensure achievement is on track and produce a profit and loss analysis.
- Communicate with the CCO on a monthly basis to ensure all business opportunities are being closed in line with sales strategies and agreed KPI’s.
- To ensure all progress is reported on in a clear and consistent manner.
- Ensure effective communication processes are in operation between all relevant functions in the business.
- Undertake any additional tasks as requested by Line Management.
Educated to degree level in Fitness / Sports or Business Management
- Has substantial experience communicating effectively with key decision makers including; directors, CEO’s, Head of Departments and Consultants
- Previous sales experience in a business to business environment
- Proven experience in sales, meeting and exceeding KPIs and targets.
- Proven commercial acumen of driving a revenue line within a business.
- Demonstrates leadership skills, showing ability to improve organisational effectiveness
- Has experience in producing sales plan, setting targets and producing budgets
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (written and oral), which is targeted appropriately for the audience to which it is delivered
- Has an in-depth understanding of sales processes, KPIs and analysis
- Sales / business development experience
- Numerate and commercially aware
- Detailed knowledge of Fitness Industry preferred
- A full understanding of Wexer services
- To know and be aware of all events at which Wexer has or could have a presence and to ensure that the opportunity for sales at these events has been maximised
- A full understanding of the external environmental factors that impact Wexer
- Proven leadership ability with successful experience of managing and developing a sales team.
- Proven ability to motivate, inspire and develop others and set high levels of expectation and aspiration.
- Proven skills in a customer-facing role with high standards of presentation.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or with extensive demonstrable experience within the sector.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Works with minimal supervision, with an ability to plan, structure and organise a diary effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey ideas and present complex information in a clear and simple way
- Able to find workable solutions, particularly when changes are required to working practices
- Ability to determine the needs and requirements of potential partners offering suitable solutions and overcoming objections as and when required.
- Meets and demonstrates Wexer Virtual values.
- Ability to communicate at all levels across the business.
To apply for this role please email your CV to: email@example.com